Welcome to our project finance services! We specialize in the funding of long-term infrastructure, industrial projects, and public services using a non-recourse or limited recourse financial structure. Our approach involves using debt and equity to finance the project, with payments made from the cash flow generated by the project.
One of the primary benefits of project financing is that it provides off-balance-sheet funding, which does not affect shareholders' credit or government contracting authorities. Additionally, it shifts some of the project risks to the lenders, allowing them to obtain a higher margin. Examples of industries that use project finance include mining, oil and gas, and building and construction. Typically, the financing is made up of debt, and capital stack ranks the priority of different sources of financing, with senior and subordinated debt referring to their rank in a company's capital stack.
We understand that many borrowers and sponsors are experts in their own business area but may be unfamiliar with project finance processes and protocols. For this reason, we recommend that borrowers and sponsors take the time to develop their ideas, concepts, and strategies into a compelling, high-quality, and well-written project business plan. Well-prepared projects entering the project finance marketplace stand a higher chance of success with prospective lenders and funders.
We work with alternative capital lenders rather than banks, who have a unique methodology that most typical borrowers may not be accustomed to. Our lenders have a specific platform with processes and protocols that facilitate their ability to fund projects. We partner with lenders from the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Central America, specializing in project financing. They have funded projects globally in green and renewable energy, infrastructure, sustainable commercial real estate, commercial real estate development, and more in the form of loans and equity.
We will work with projects in US-friendly countries and countries where the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Canada do not have international sanctions.
- Our U.K.-based lender prefers projects with a minimum project loan size of USD/EURO/GBP 50 Million and up to USD/EURO/GBP 5 Billion.
- Our U.S. Private Equity Firm-based lender only works with projects greater than USD 100 Million and up to $5 Billion.
- Our Canadian Private Family Office-based lender requires a 20% deposit for each project, with the minimum deposit being $1 million (USD). The financing structure is 80/20, where they will provide 80% debt (loan), and the borrower will provide 20% cash equity to complete the project.
- Our Multi-Family European Private Family Office-based lender has funding resources to handle loans up to $300 million (USD).
- Our Private Financial Institutions lender works with projects with a minimum project loan size of USD/EURO/GBP 5 Million and up to USD/EURO/GBP $1 Billion. This particular lender offers various programs, and one of the most popular programs is 100% Financing (Joint-Venture Partnership) with a combination of debt and equity.
We do not charge any upfront fees but charge a success fee of 2% - 3% of the total gross loan amount for arranging the project financing commercial loans. We only get paid when our clients successfully receive funding from the lenders we introduce.
Please note that in project financing, the project company or borrower will be expected to bear the cost of all due diligence, including professional reports, legal fees, structuring work, valuation appraisals, technical fees, tax work, and reasonable "out-of-pocket" expenses.
These fees are paid directly to the lender as part of the initial costs, and they are non-refundable expenses incurred by the lender. These fees will cover compliance, underwriting, the commitment with document issuance, and legal costs to prepare the contract, among other things.
To consider your project for funding, we will need preliminary documents such as:
- Executive Summary
- Detailed Business Plan, including Exit Strategy
- 5-10 Years Of Financial Projections in Excel format, including the sources and uses of funds
- Management Resume or the Sponsor(s) Background - the borrower team should have previous experience in the project they are contemplating.
- Project Development Budget or Construction Budget (if applicable) - an extensive project development budget with details of cash requirements.
We recommend that you provide us with a detailed understanding of the net cash requirements from start to finish, including the repayment/exit timeline and mechanism. Please note that well-capitalized and organized projects have higher chances for the project to be reviewed by us and lenders.
We appreciate your interest in our project finance services and look forward to working with you.